This is the reason for the short easy paced efforts for the last 5 weeks. My workouts are very easy followed by some light stretching and then massage of the adductor. This week was more of the same and I’m happy to say that yesterday I was almost pain free.
I should be the poster boy of what happens to you when you neglect stretching and core work.
Here are my workouts from last week.
Monday - Off
Tuesday – 30 minutes (AM)
Wednesday - Off
Thursday - 30 minutes easy
Friday - 30 minutes easy
Saturday – Off (Granddaughter Elle’s first birthday party, her actual birthday was April 3)
Sunday – 45 minutes easy
Last year I missed the Astro’s opening day (April 2, 2007) for the first time in 15 years as my daughter was going into labor. I was on my way the ball park when I got the call. Elloise (Elle) was born the next day.
We had Elle's first birthday party Saturday. The future runner/triathlete had a great time.
I get to start a new Astro’s streak tonight. The funny thing is that Jon Walk ran the St. Louis Half Marathon yesterday and then went to the Cardinals game after. The Astro’s play the Cardinals tonight. I’m getting some of that Bloggers slightly ahead feeling I had the week of TIR.
(Jon actually ran back to back half marathons picking up Kansas on Saturday and Missouri on Sunday for 22 States and 49 half marathons. He's amazing)
3 comments:
Elle is a cutie!
Glad the pain is almost completly gone. I guess you will be at the game tonight. Have tons of fun for me, I love those guys!!
She is such a sweetie! Happy Birthday, Elle!
HB Elle!!! What a cutie :)
Jon is amazing- and nuts! LOL!
Post a Comment