Sunday, July 03, 2011

Recap of the highlights - 6/25 – 7/2

I was unplugged for a while with my computers “power supply” burning out.

Saturday early morning – Organized the TWRC group long run. We started from Barbara Bush Elementary a couple hours before the scheduled 5K. I tagged along (on my bike) with Melissa Poole for an hour.

Sunday morning - Berk Clare 5K – I am reminded that we have an awesome running community and that mankind must be at least 99.9% good…no mater what you see reported. The event raised $10,000.00 for Berk and his family.



Saturday afternoon – Attended Jeff Galloway’s seminar and training program kick-off at the Creekside YMCA. While I’m not involved with the new area training program I do enjoy hearing Jeff Galloway speak and respect his passion for running.



Sunday morning – Drove to Sugar Land to watch Adrienne Langelier complete her first triathlon. Hung out with the Henthorns, cheered for everyone I knew, and Adrienne rocked her debut triathlon winning her age group.



Sunday afternoon – Attended the TWRC membership kick-off at Terramont Park. We have a new club member, one of my good friends from 20-years ago, Bruce Rose. We used to call our training group (late 80’s early 90’s) the “Killer B’s”. (Bill H. (2:34 marathon), Bill D. (3:08 marathon), Bruce (2:50 marathon), Bucky (2:55 marathon). We had a lot of fun and ran some fast races.

Tuesday Track (Spring) – One of my runners took advantage of my Tuesday option in Spring and nailed his workout. Fun to watch. After a long workday Monday and Tuesday I just walked and jogged, might have covered 2-miles. The rest of the work week will be super busy so running will be on the back burner most of this week.

Wednesday Track Group – I LOVE Wednesday…everyone is really starting to get into the training pattern I’ve set up. Lot’s of good work going on. It’ll be a fun fall.

SaturdayTWRC long run – Starbucks/Sterling Ridge. I had a 4-mile, 6-mile, and 10-mile set up. Most did the 6 or 10 mile routes. I cruised around on my bike in an attempt to see everyone during the run. Missed a few, but did see most. The best part of Saturday is the conversations after.

While I enjoyed a lot of positives this past week, I was reminded of how fragile our lives are. I’ve been keeping a good friend and her family in my prayers after the loss of her husband a few weeks ago. I learned of another sudden loss for another good friend and a sudden hospitalization of another this week. Now keeping them all in my prayers.

4 comments:

Adrienne Langelier, MA said...

Yay for another post!

It was quite a week for everyone, it seems.

TX Runner Mom said...

Glad you're back to blogging. I know what you mean about facebook killing the blog!

Jenny said...

Glad you're blogging Bill. Miss you!!

Bukan Saya said...

This is a very good post. Just wonderful. Truly, I am amazed at what informative things you've told us today. Thanks a million for that. Gambar PSK Kampus Ngocok Memek