Monday, December 10, 2007

82 Days

82 days until the Texas Independence Relay. Wow!

I didn’t do a very good job with the countdown to Sunmart. I never did get into any kind of consistent training routine. I actually made a very good decision to watch from the sidelines this past weekend. I have finished both the 50K and the 50 miler on very minimal training in the past and it’s not a pleasant experience. My daughter actually said to me Friday night that I must be getting old or something as not being trained for an event has never stopped me before. It’s been kind of family bragging rights as dad can do three weeks of training and complete some impossible distance.

Maybe I'm still a little gun shy from the 2006 Conroe 5K that I completed 1 mile of before logging a DNF. If that can happen in a 5K…..well what about a 50K with warm and muggy conditions? I would have most likely headed down the DNF road again.

So….what about the relay? The plan is no plan right now. I’m not going to think about it too much for about a month. I’m going to work on actually training. After the Houston Marathon, which I am not running, I will start to organize our team and develop a plan that will insure we have a lot of fun, tie with the Bloggers and beat Debbie Tripps team.

Rick Cook previously called me a sandbagger….even though he knows better. I did see this definition that I thought was cute. If only it were true.

Sandbagger: A fast runner with a talent for acting who will masquerade as a slow runner to lure the competition into complacency.

No comments: