Sunday, August 19, 2007

Big Foot Sighting


Saturday
Our WoodlandsFit Half Marathon group did great in the oppressive conditions on a fairly hilly course. The runners did 6 miles, the walkers were just shy of 5 miles. This is a very good group of runners and walkers who all will do very well event day.

My mileage for the morning was zero. I swept the route in my SUV. I didn't want to get too sweaty as I was the one giving a brief clinic on speed training basics after training. Lets see - VO2 max, Lactate Threshold, Tempo Runs, Pace Runs, Recovery Intervals, Aerobic Strength, Running Economy, Goal Pace, and USAFits version of it all. ( which is not bad ). I'll actually be writing it up early in the week and posting it on the WoodlandsFit Discussion Board.

Luke's Locker went way above and beyond for the participants of WoodlandsFit. The Woodlands store donated training shirts. A shirt for every member of program......350 shirts ! Wow.

Now...to follow that we'll have Kim Hager giving a clinic on Heart Rate Monitors this coming week. Timex has sent her to give away at the clinic....a Timex training hat for every member of the program ! Wow #2.


Sunday
I slept in and later in the day helped out at Luke's as a volunteer for the tax free weekend crush. I was the greeter for half a day. The least I could do for all they do in our community. Logged zero miles so I'm even with Rick Cook for the weekend. I have 110 days until Sunmart. I might need to run next weekend.

No comments: